Friday, November 4, 2011

Home again, greeted with presents!

So, I'm home! I arrived home completely exhausted on Halloween. I was so tired and dirty that I just refused to be seen, heading up to my dorm for a much-needed bath.

The following day, I had a thorough medical exam, followed by an emergency eye surgery (I'm good as new now!). I went into the hair salon and had my hair re-conditioned. The ends had gotten quite frizzy during my extensive travels. While I was there, I decided to put some curl into it. I knew the curls wouldn't stay for long, but I think my hair looks better with a little bit of volume to it.

When I was finally feeling up to it, I decided to take a walk around my neighborhood, getting the feel of it again. It felt so surreal to walk the streets I was once familiar with! It was a gorgeous day out, though, and I had fun looking for signs of autumn.


IMG_1519

So, here is an up-close look at my hair. I've always wanted to put some curl into it, but I've never been brave enough to do it until now. How my hair looks curly reminds me of my favorite character Angélique in the film À la folie... pas du tout!

IMG_1486

When I got back from my walk, I found a package waiting for me, from my best friends, Sora, Lorikeet, Violet, Lyre Chickadee, and Zipporah Valdez! They had been hinting about having birthday presents for me, but they didn't want to send them until I made it home.

When I opened the package, I pulled out a black tee with a jeweled Eiffel Tower on the front. How cute is that?

IMG_1592

I also found the book Lassie: Adventures in Alaska (reminding me of my cruise!), a beautiful travel journal, a bottle of my favorite soda, several little Disney toys...

IMG_1607

...and, best of all, this wooden Eiffel Tower! The quints obviously know how much I love to be reminded of Paris. I'm going to have so much fun painting this!

IMG_1610

Also in the box was a message in a bottle. After carefully pulling the message out with a pair of tweezers, I read what it said:

True friends
are always
together
in spirit.

IMG_1615

However nice receiving physical birthday presents is, the best present of all is definitely friendship! In this very modern world driven by individual success, friendship can be hard to come by, so I feel very grateful indeed to have best friends like Sora, Lorikeet, Lyre Chickadee, Violet, and Zipporah Valdez!

Thank you, girls, for the nice birthday gifts, but also for your friendship!

So, to my readers, what is the nicest gift you've ever gotten from a friend?

~Sophie

11 comments:

Claire said...

Hi, Sophie! I'm so glad you made it home safely. I'd say the best thing my best friend (Lanie) has ever given me would be...her friendship. She's just so sweet and silly and she's the perfect remedy for anything. :)

Claire said...

Hehe...I just realized I didn't leave my name there on that last comment...now it looks like Lanie is Claire's best friend, not mine! ;)

Mia

Tabby said...

Sophie!! I am so glad you are home! You look beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

Having friends is the best gift of all and being able to spend time with them. The best gift I have ever had was my family.

Taryn

Lovely Lanie said...

You look really cute with curly hair :) I hope the surgery wasn't too scary. <3

Emily said...

Your hair looks really cute! I bet it feels good to be home.

Emily

Anna Lee said...

Ooh, Sophie, your hair looks so beautiful with those waves in it! I love it! I'm sorry you had to get eye surgery. I hope you didn't feel anything. Your presents from the Valdezes are awesome! What nice friends they are. :-)

Kiki's Korner said...

Wow! You have been so many places. Lucky duck! I love your presents, too. Welcome home.

~ Kiki

Sabine Aurore Bouchard said...

Salut, Sophie!
Your hair looks fabulous! I've always wanted curlier or wavier hair, but I'm fine with my straight hair.
It looks like you had quite a fun time traveling, but I understand that it's nice to return home. You received a lot of nice gifts. Oh, if Chrissa saw that Eiffel Tower tee, you'd be in trouble. I can imagine how jealous she'd be! She now has a huge pink Eiffel Tower that she is obsessing over.
-Sabine

Tabby said...

Thank you for the comment Sophie! Yep! Cyber twins!!

Blakeney Green said...

Welcome home! Thanks for sharing your adventures!

Love,
The Greens and The Roses

P.S. We love your outfit! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...