Tirya and friends over at the Bolton Girls' Travel Journal nominated me for The Versatile Blogger Award. Thank you, girls! I really appreciate you remembering me and my blog. It means so much to my human and me that my blog is followed and read because we've never really consistently updated a blog before. I have really enjoyed sharing my travel adventures here, and I really hope to do that again - just as soon as I can venture out of the house again!
So, seven completely random facts about myself? Let's see:
1. I like to dance. I quit lessons because I felt like I could never keep up with my sister in terms of dancing ability. I think I hurt my mother's feelings when I quit dancing, though she never showed it. I allowed myself to repress the joy I'd experienced while dancing, until very recently. I must blame Inky for taking me to Lincoln Center. That trip really triggered me wanting to dance again!
2. I love everything about science, particularly Biology and Chemistry. I like to solve mysteries, but rather than being the sleuth in the trench coat, I'd rather be the scientist in the lab coat helping out with the forensics involved in the mystery. I want to be a forensic scientist when I grow up.
3. I love when people share my name. Having a common name like Sophie, it's easy to connect with other Sophies! I also love movie characters named Sophie (like Marion Cotillard plays a girl named Sophie in Jeux d'Enfants) and hearing songs written about people named Sophie (like the one by Édith Piaf). It makes me smile to hear my name in the spotlight - even if I'm not the one being referred to!
4. I miss my best friend Nathalie A LOT. She is my bosom friend, and I hate that she left Fair Hollow without saying goodbye. I'm counting the days until she returns. I love that my twin sister is here to keep me company, but I'll be in an even better mood when Nathalie returns.
5. Although I may seem self-confident on the outside, I'm really quite lacking in confidence. I doubt everything, even when it comes to writing. I'm constantly checking and re-checking my grammar (even my French grammar - I was never that great when it came to learning French grammar in school).
6. My biggest wish, besides seeing Nathalie again, is to get a desk of my own! Some girl named Kit called and wanted her desk back, so now I don't have a proper desk in my room. I want one quite badly, one that is really mine.
7. I'd like to tour around Europe one day, returning home to Paris, seeing other regions of France, visiting England, Greece, Ireland, Italy, etc. Of course, that probably shouldn't come as a surprise!
I nominate these four bloggers for The Versatile Blogger Award:
3. Anna Lee
Sorry I can't nominate everyone! I wish I could. And, Inky and Piper, you both have AWESOME blogs, but you two are always recognized anyway. I would nominate both of you, but I wanted to give a shout-out to other blogs that don't get as much recognition. ;)
1. In a post on your blog, nominate 4 fellow bloggers for The Versatile Blogger Award.
2. In the same post, add the Versatile Blogger Award.
3. In the same post, thank the blogger who nominated you in a post with a link back to their blog.
4. In the same post, share 7 completely random pieces of information about yourself.
5. In the same post, include this set of rules.
6. Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each