Monday, January 20, 2014

Sunday Lunch with a Friend

Salut mes amis,

On January 5th, I got to visit the American Girl store in the Washington, DC area! I hadn't been able to visit a store since my August 2012 visit to Natick, so I was pretty excited to see all of the new clothes and accessories that had been released recently. I also met Isabelle Palmer, Girl of the Year 2014. She's a ballet student from Washington, DC, and her story reminded me a lot of my twin sister's. I know she and Juliette would get along!


Isabelle and I chatted for a while, and when I started to get bored with all of the dance talk, I started playing with her cat, Tutu (seriously, who names their cat "Tutu"?!).  Isabelle also showed me all of the fun things in her design studio; I was particularly impressed with her sketchbook full of costume designs.


I said goodbye to Isabelle and wandered around the store for a bit. I decided to pose with the Isabelle photo op:


When the Isabelle area in the store became too crowded for me, I wandered elsewhere. I met Marie-Grace's sweet dog, Argos. He wanted to come home with me!


Finally, it was time to meet up with the real reason I came to the store: Inky! Inky and I have been trying and trying to meet up again since my visit to NYC, but our plans always fell through. I was SO EXCITED that I was able to meet up with her today. We decided to have a late lunch in the café. We had a lot to catch up on! She'd just gotten back from a trip to London, so - of course - I had to ask all about that.


After lunch, we decided to explore Isabelle's design studio together. Inky wanted to check it out for her friend Coral who also dances. When our guardians were out of earshot, we started whispering ways to sneak me back to NYC. Unfortunately, my guardian caught me before I was able to get into Inky's car, but hey, it was worth a shot!


It was SO good to be able to reconnect with Inky, even for such a short time. I wish I could see her more often!

Do you have friends who live faraway? How often do you get to see them?

Ton amie,
Sophie 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have each other as a far away friend we do not get to spend much time with but still think about often. Taryn is jealous that you got to spend time with Inky, they got along so good when we visited her too.

Hugs, Marsali

P.S. Come check out our new blog, life in our house changed.

Jessica said...

It looks like you had lots of fun!

Most of my friends live a few hours away, so I hardly ever get to see them.

I must say though, when you see a good friend after not seeing them for a while, after a few minutes, you get talking again, and it's like you were never apart!

I LOVE reading your blog, Sophie! It is very professional!

Please visit mine (www.magicallymelody.blogspot.com.au). It would mean a lot to me, because I really look up to you and your blog.

Thank you!

Love & Hugs,

Melody
xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...