Salut mes amis,
Ça va bien? I know it's been a while. Since my last update, I've been busy catching up with ma famille (family) back in France. I've also had a boatload of schoolwork to catch up on via correspondence. I've just had no time nor motivation to blog. But, I'm back! I'd never leave for good. I promise to have a "real" update with photos soon, but this will have to do for now. I was nominated for the prestigious Liebster Award by Inky, Susie, and Jessica. Merci beaucoup, mes amies!
For this award, you must answer 11 questions (per person who tagged you) and then tag 11 more friends to answer 11 new questions of your choosing. So, as I was nominated three times, I have 33 questions to answer. Fun, fun! So . . . let's get started.
Since Inky nominated me first, I'll start with her questions:
2. What is your favorite animal? Red pandas and foxes
3. Which animal are you most like? Maman has always called me a busy little squirrel.
4. If you had the chance, would you go into space? Sure! Just as long as my experience doesn't mirror Sandra Bullock's in Gravity. I'd love the chance to float around in zero gravity, see the Earth while standing on the moon, and eat space food! Maybe I should just go to Space Camp with Mary-Kate and Ashley?
5. Would you rather go on a boat trip to Alaska or the Caribbean? The Caribbean! I've already been on a boat trip to Alaska . . . right, Marsali?
6. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
7. Do you speak any other languages? Which ones? Oui, je parle français et un peu italien. French is my native language, and I also speak English (of course!) as well as the little Italian I'm learning in school. I know a smattering of Polish words, too, but not enough to write home about.
8. Do you collect anything? If so, what do you collect? I guess you could say that I collect anything Eiffel Tower-related. It keeps me from missing home too much when I'm studying in America.
9. What is your favorite candy? Just decadent dark chocolate pour moi.
10. What do you like to drink when you are especially thirsty? Orangina (carbonated citrus drink) or a caffè latte from Starbucks.
11. What is your favorite outfit? Of the AG outfits I own, one of my all-time favorites is the MyAG Pretty & Plaid dress. I also love my collection of Liberty Jane Clothing separates, especially my denim shorts which I wear quite frequently in the summer.
Next, I'll answer the questions from Susie:
1. What is your favorite song from the 80's? Don't Stop Believin' by Journey? I'm not a huge fan of 80s music, to be honest.
2. Who is your favorite Muppet? Miss Piggy
3. Would you rather change your past...or know your future? Change my past
4. Cotton Candy or Candy Apples? Cotton Candy
5. Do you listen to podcasts? If yes, which ones?* To be honest, I watch more videos than podcasts. I might listen to The Nerdist on a car trip as I love who they choose to interview.
6. Do you have any AG dolls? If yes, which ones? I have one, Cécile.
7. Do you usually do weekend homework on Friday, Saturday or Sunday? Sunday. I'm such a procrastinator. If I have a huge project, I may get started before Sunday if I'm diligent enough.
8. Are you a Rebel...or a Royal? Can't I be both a Rebel and a Royal, like Elsa of Arendelle? She's very much a Rebel, in addition to being Royal. I'm definitely more of a Rebel than a Royal, though.
9. What is your favorite candle scent? French Vanilla, a classic ;)
10. What book are you currently reading? Isabelle, by Laurence Yep
11. If you could visit Star Valley (the doll town I live in) where would you go first: The Raspberry Flummery Café; the Star Valley General Store; or the Star Valley Salon? I'd probably be in need of a coffee after a tiring road trip, so I'd hit up The Raspberry Flummery Café first.
Finally, these questions are from Jessica:
1. Do you have any AG dolls? If yes, which ones? Yes, I have Cécile.
2. What's your favourite colour? Blue
3. What do you want to be when you grow up? A forensic scientist / police detective
4. Do you like my blog? It looks great! I will definitely check it out more.
5. Mattel or Pleasant Co? Mattel. I'm too young to remember Pleasant Company. ;)
6. Who is your favourite AG doll and why? I like Cécile best because she's French like me. We also have a middle name in common (Amélie)!
7. Are you getting Isabelle? I already did! I bought her as a gift for my sister, Juliette. Juliette and Isabelle both share a passion for ballet.
8. Do you sew clothes for your dolls? Me sew? Nope. I'll leave that to my mom and sister.
9. What's your favourite food? Quiche Lorraine
10. What's your favourite animal? red pandas and foxes
11. What is your favourite thing to do in your free time? Ideally, I like to travel to new places, near and far. I love immersing myself in history through museum excursions. I love hiking. I love shopping for souvenirs. When I don't have the opportunity to travel, I love spending time with friends and family, watching movies, and surfing the web.
Okay . . . I have no idea who to nominate. Which active blogger hasn't already done this tag? But, if you haven't been tagged yet, consider yourself tagged by me - just comment on this post so I know to read your answers!
Here are 11 questions to answer:
1. What's your favorite movie of all time?
2. What was the last movie that you saw in theatres?
3. Who is your favorite actor? Actress?
4. What is the one song that always seems to cheer you up, no matter how many times you listen?
5. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? Why?
6. Do you have any pets? What are their names?
7. Are you left-handed or right-handed?
8. Do you have any siblings?
9. What is your favorite book?
10. Do you like the Harry Potter books? If so, which House would the Sorting Hat place you into?
11. Do you live in a house or an apartment?